JOB TITLE: Bilingual Spanish Information Specialist
REPORTS TO: Call Center Supervisor
OVERALL DESCRIPTION: The Information Specialist will be part of a state-of-the-art, person-centered call center designed to assist older adults, baby boomers, caregivers, professionals, and the general public nationwide. The Information Specialist will provide information on, and connections to, national and local resources for older adults and their caregivers. The Information Specialist will also follow up on voice messages, track data, and assist with other administrative issues involved in maintaining customer support and database updating. Shifts will be designed to cover 9:00AM – 8:00 PM, Eastern Time, Monday – Friday. This is a fulltime position; flexibility in hours is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephone calls for the Eldercare Locator in English and Spanish;
- Maintains professional and courteous phone manner at all times, appropriate for older population of callers;
- Listens carefully to callers’ needs, utilizing empathic listening skills;
- Uses excellent customer service skills and follows established protocols to provide callers with appropriate information;
- Prepares callers with information for transfer to agencies, as appropriate;
- Transfers callers to appropriate resources, whether internal or external;
- Stays updated on, and maintains proficiency on, resources for older adults and caregivers;
- Complies with Information Specialist protocols and performance standards;
- Takes/tracks requests for brochures and follows up for mailing;
- Transcribes calls from voicemail and does callbacks;
- Maintains familiarity with information updates and any procedural changes;
- Assists with tracking and entering of information for reports, as needed;
- Provides general information on aging resources;
- Obtains AIRS certification within one year of hire;
- Participates in ongoing training of new and ongoing aging issues;
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of the Eldercare Locator.
- Strong customer service;
- Empathic listening;
- Knowledge of the aging network desired;
- Familiarity with information and referral network desired, but not required;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, using professional and engaging style appropriate for audience;
- Excellent computer (Microsoft/Excel) and internet skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team;
- Ability to plan and organize work, to handle multiple tasks, and to work independently
- Fluency in Spanish
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years college (college degree preferred), preferably in human services or aging fields;
Two years of experience in the aging or human services field.
Non-Exempt position with full benefits but subject to grant funding.
Dependent upon background and experience of candidate selected.
The National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) is an equal employment opportunity employer and offers reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.