The Director of Development Operations will join an exciting and dynamic team. With the guidance from the Managing Director of Finance & Revenue and through partnership with chief fundraisers, the team is responsible for raising between $5M-$6M annually through existing and new relationships with lead foundations, fortune 500 companies, and dedicated philanthropists. The Director plays a central role in the organization’s scale efforts nationally and is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of development operations for the team of fundraisers and support staff.
This position is a senior-level, integral part of the Development Team, and will serve as the internally-focused right hand to the organization’s chief fundraisers. The Director will directly supervise four members of the development team. This position will partner closely with the CEO and Executive leadership and collaborates with all departments of the Organization.
- Leadership: Manage development operations for the national development team, comprised of front-line and chief fundraisers, stewardship managers, and specialists in order to reach the Organization’s annual fundraising goals. Work with team of senior fundraisers to support their operational needs.
- Management: Manage all operational aspects of development department and directly manage development staff
- Pipeline Management: Actively manage and drive all aspects of the pipeline for current and future years, tracking to both quarterly and annual goals. Lead pipeline review meetings with the full team, as well as focused strategic reviews with the Executive Team.
- Systems: Create, refine, and oversee systems for prospecting, research, and pipeline development, including planning, leading, and following up on team meetings and discussions.
- Reporting and Communications: Track proposals and reports and supplementary materials to ensure that necessary internal and external deadline are met for institutional funding. Create and maintain reporting dashboards for both Executive leadership and Board of Directors.
- Grants Process: Lead grants process and partner with program, finance, and other teams to ensure compliance on grants and timely reporting.
- Analysis: Conduct regular sophisticated analysis of the pipeline to ensure accurate projections for internal management, board committee communications and oversight, and board meeting reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree in a related field a plus.
- 5-7 years of fundraising experience for a nonprofit organization, including experience with institutional giving.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience, operations management, analysis, and project management
- Significant record of fundraising achievement with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Effective critical and strategic thinker.
- Strong project management skills; able to self-manage own projects to completion and collaborate with others.
- Excellent and efficient oral, written and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage a number of diverse tasks, activities, and projects.
- SalesForce Experience a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to work with cross-functional teams and lead through influence.
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to perform well in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with Salesforce highly desirable
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to : Tasha Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org.