Summary: builds awareness, promotes the organization's public image and advances the organization’s efforts to raise funds by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate communications and public relations activities *
• Handle media relations
• Draft and edit press releases, media advisories, appeal letters and other promotional materials *
• Manage the email account by directly responding or redirecting messages to other staff members
• Layout and edit newsletter *
• Manage day-to-day social media engagement across all social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter *
• Maintain website and make sure that information on external websites remains current *
• Coordinate and attend community events and meetings to represent representing the organization *
• Maintain communications calendar
• Work with vendors for printing of letterhead, postcards, etc.
• Keep record of news mentions
• Maintain bulletin boards in Wheaton and other libraries as available
• Prepare mailings for bulk mail processing
• Prepare and distribute administrative directory
• Coordinate Annual Meeting and Annual Potluck Dinner *
• Attend events as appropriate
• Manage annual event (including keeping detailed timelines, coordinating communications, keeping accurate and up-to-date registration lists, and coordinating volunteers) *
• Must be able to (occasionally) work evenings and weekends as needed to support development events
• BA in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
• Minimum of two years professional experience in communication/marketing at a nonprofit organization preferred