Responsible for day-to-day processing of disbursements, including timely processing of all disbursements/accounts payable on a daily basis and generating payable checks 2 – 3 times a week. Maintain payables ledger by verifying and posting account transactions. Respond to internal inquiries about vendor payments. Investigate and respond to vendors questions, including follow-up on any noted discrepancies regarding payment. Prepare and maintain vendor files, making sure filing is current. Reconciliations and journal entries. Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions. Also provide administrative support to the Accounting Department.
Job Skill Requirements
· Mastery of essential bookkeeping and accounting duties including experience with Accounts payable, expense reimbursements. Attention to Detail, General Math Skills, Strong communication. Must demonstrate understanding of double-entry bookkeeping concept.
· Five to seven years' experience in bookkeeping/accounting is required.
· Experience with Excel and Word is required. Experience with Great Plains is highly preferred.
· Ability to meet deadlines and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Keep accurate financial records for the organization.
- Record Journal Entries to General Ledger and inter-company transactions.
- Review and processes expense reimbursements
- Responsible for journal entries and reconciliation of fixed assets, prepaid expenses Maintains supporting audit schedules for assigned balance sheet and income/expense accounts
- Assist with accounts payable functions on a weekly basis, including process invoices, disburse funds, print checks, mailing out of checks, filing and recordkeeping.
- Prepare miscellaneous data reports, schedules and analysis upon request.
- Provide direct administrative assistance to the Accounting Dept.
- Able to react to change productively and to perform other essential duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/Manager
- Good analytical, mathematical, and communication skills.
- Computer skills including MS software applications, i.e. Excel; Access; and Word.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Recordkeeping techniques, operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the office. This function requires knowledge and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all employees, customers and vendors.
- Ability to respond courteously and professionally to phone calls and electronic inquiries and assess urgency.
- Effectively handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Well organized and accurate.
- Good and punctual attendance.