Nonprofit HR seeks candidates to support one of our nonprofit clients as the Senior Administrative Assistant/Office Manager reporting directly to their Executive Director. Will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Senior Staff. The ideal candidate is an administrative professional who is detail oriented, proactive and enjoys providing backup and support to busy program staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Executive Director to support all administrative aspects of eight-person office.
- Serve as first point of contact in the office with the general public and membership: staffing the front office; answering phones; responding to general inquiries and requests for legal assistance.
- Perform office duties, including managing the mail, maintaining office supply inventories, copying, and filing.
- Maintain, update and secure hard copy and electronic filing systems, implement efficient and effective filing procedures, observe all confidentiality restrictions.
- Manage and troubleshoot office systems, including telephone, voicemail, and information technology. Contact and interface with vendors, customer service, and IT support as necessary.
- Perform basic bookkeeping and manage annual reporting for organization.
- Monitor and oversee maintenance of office equipment.
In addition, this position will work with Senior Staff to:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for staff.
- Assist with preparing agendas and supplemental materials and supplies for meetings.
- Provide assistance to the development program including data entry, financial reporting, and assistance with donor events.
- Coordinate requests for public speaking and volunteer positions.
- With other staff, plan and organize public outreach events, and update external communications.
- Contribute to a positive and welcoming workplace atmosphere.
Work experience that demonstrates professionalism, a strong sense of discretion and an ability to take initiative to resolve problems and to exercise good judgment in stressful circumstances.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, attention to detail and work ethic required.
· Good team player.
· Willingness to take on new issues and learn new skills.
· Demonstrated computer literacy.
· Ability to perform numerical analysis.
· Commitment to and understanding of diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
· QuickBooks and bookkeeping experience preferred.
· Bachelor's degree preferred.