The Staff Accountant and Administrator is responsible for completing the day to day accounting functions for the organization. The position implements all day-to-day finance functions, assists the Director of Finance with the annual budget process and the annual audit process, and assists with the month end closing and reporting process. The position is also responsible for managing and purchasing office supplies and equipment. The specific responsibilities of this position include the following:
· Responsible for all day to day financial activities, including accounts receivable and payable, processing payroll and payroll changes.
· Maintain chart of accounts and general ledger.
· Maintain financial files and records.
· Works with Director of Finance to complete month end closing and monthly financial reports.
· Work with auditor and Director of Finance to prepare and complete year-end audit and tax filings.
· Work with the Director of Finance to carry out the annual budget process.
· Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and coordinate purchasing as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree with accounting coursework, preferred.
· Minimum 2 years accounting, preferably with experience in 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Impeccable attention to detail, outcomes, and deadlines
· Experience with QuickBooks software for non-profits and Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment is critical along with a desire to be part of an impact-driven team