Nonprofit HR is seeking an experienced full-time fundraising professional to serve as Development Officer with a focus on organizational fundraising including foundation and corporate support for one of our nonprofit clients. S/he will work within the External Affairs department, reporting to the Director of Development and supported by a Development Associate.
The Development Officer will cultivate robust prospect pools, write grants and manage sponsorship's for the foundation, corporate and government funding sources. S/he is responsible for meeting annual revenue goals and reaching higher revenue goals each year.
This position requires the combination of exceptional written and oral communications skills, flexibility, innovative problem solving and an eagerness to develop and lead new initiatives. The Development Officer will be able to communicate and collaborate effectively across the organization while managing processes with a specific focus on organizational funders.
• Write and submit foundation, corporate and government proposals, reports and letters in a timely manner. Track all proposal and report deadlines.
• Develop pipeline of corporate and other funding targets in the 4 to 7+ figure range.
• Work with Director to identify and research prospects.
• Track prospective donor contacts and set up prospect meetings. Assist Director with the development of meeting strategies.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of a sponsorship plan for each of the client's publications.
• Manage an Expo Hall including soliciting vendors and being their main point of contact, organizing contracts, ensuring payments and acknowledgements and running the Expo booth.
• Collaborate with colleagues to design and coordinate sponsorship materials.
• Manage delivery of benefits to sponsors.
• Maintain communication with a portfolio of organizational donors.
• Other responsibilities as necessary to support the work of the development team.
• Record financial transactions in the general ledger for accrued program expenses and other transactions as necessary.
• Prepare account reconciliations and analysis as needed to support the annual financial statement audit and operational needs.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3-5 years if experience in non-profit fundraising.
• Demonstrated success in soliciting grants, sponsorships and gifts in the 4-7+ figure range.
• Significant proposal and report writing experience including developing accompanying budgets.
• Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision and positively influence and persuade potential organizational funders and sponsors.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team atmosphere as well as independently with minimal oversight, to multi-task and to be a self-starter.
• Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud Net Community experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.